Thursday, June 07, 2012 | 8:32 AM
Welcome to the analysis ninja show, aka Web Analytics TV! Web Analytics TV, as you well know by now, is powered by your amazing questions. In this awesome episode we had questions from Dubai, India, Germany, Sweden, France, Norway, Sweden, The Netherlands, and the US.
If you’re new to this show, our process is simple.
Step 1: You ask, or vote on, your favorite web analytics questions. Vote on next week’s questions using this Web Analytics TV Google Moderator site.
Step 2: From a secret undisclosed location at the Googleplex Avinash Kaushik & Nick Mihailovski answer them. :-)
In this episode we award the “Ninja of the Episode” and award it to Eric from Ontario for a great question about calculating the economic value of conversions in Google Analytics. Eric, just email us and we’ll send you a signed copy of Web Analytics 2.0.
OK. Here is the list of last episodes questions.
In this action packed episode we discuss:
- (2:42) Reasons for self referrals on mobile websites
- (5:13) Where to find keywords for (not provided)
- (7:14) Reporting when the same user completes a sequence of tasks
- (8:38) How is social media determined in social reports
- (10:18) What happens when you send more data than the monthly cap
- (12:24) How paths show up when opening up new tabs or windows
- (13:23) How converting on multiple goals are reported in goal funnels
- (15:12) Why sampling occurs on profiles that filter out lots of traffic
- (16:50) Tracking purchases across domains
- (19:46) Can social referrals be tracked using campaign tracking parameters
- (20:53) How advanced segments work when applied to landing pages
- (23:00) The difference between the visitor and unique visitor metric
- (24:50) When will the mobile SDK be updated to have non-interaction events
- (25:50) The difference between product revenue and revenue
- (27:52) What are good tactics to find the economic value of goal conversions
Here are the links to the topics we discuss:
- Smarter Data Analysis of (not provided) post by Avinash
- How visitors and unique visitors are calculated in Google Analytics
- Identify website goal [economic] value post by Avinash
As always, if you need help setting up Google Analytics or leveraging the advanced configuration options, we recommend hiring a Google Analytics Certified Partner.
If you found this post or video helpful, we'd love to hear your comments. Please share them via the comment form below.
This series would not be possible without your awesome questions. Please submit them on our public Google Moderator site, and while you’re there don’t forget to vote for your favorite questions. Avinash and I will answer them in a couple of weeks with yet another entertaining video.