Tuesday, December 21, 2010 | 1:44 PM
Well, it’s the last episode of Web Analytics TV for 2010. In this series with Avinash Kaushik and Nick Mihailovski, you ask and vote on your favorite web analytics questions via the Google Analytics Google Moderator site and we answer them.
In this episode, we award Lloyd in Capetown for his great question on how bounce rate is calculated and how AJAX sites can effect it. Lloyd, just send us an email and we’ll send you an autographed, personalized, copy of Web Analytics 2.0.
Here is the list of last weeks questions which we answered this week.
In this action-packed episode we discuss:
- (0:27) How you can see the top landing page report by keyword.
- (1:22) Calculating Avg Time to complete a goal.
- (2:11) The recommended way to do internal campaign tracking.
- (3:17) Creating funnel reports for different user types.
- (5:19) How page title and URL are used in unique pageview calculations.
- (6:40) Why you see google as a referral in Google Analytics.
- (8:25) Can you use GA to track social networking links without link shorteners?
- (9:28) Using canonical URLs to differentiate multiple links on a page.
- (10:52) Calculating bounce rate for AJAX sites.
- (13:34) Getting campaign data into Google Analytics without using URL parameters.
- (14:43) Google Analytics campaign attribution and direct traffic.
- (15:54) Working with Custom Variables in website templates.
- (17:07) Using Ecommerce tracking for tracking conversions.
- (19:02) Is there a way to see data broken down by day of the week?
- (19:48) How tabbed navigation effects funnel abandonment.
- (21:21) How to track various form selections.
- (22:23) Fnding Average number of items per order in Google Analytics.
Here are the links to the topics we discuss:
- Apply segments to your funnel reports using PadiTrak
- Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools in the App Gallery
- Avinash’s blog on how time on site and time on page are calculated
If you found this post or video helpful, we'd love to hear your comments. Please share them via the comment form below. And, if you have a question you would like us to answer, please submit a question and vote for your favorite question in our public Google Moderator site. Avinash and I will answer your latest questions in a couple of weeks with yet another entertaining video.