Thursday, September 23, 2010 | 12:44 PM
Lo and behold, it’s another episode of Web Analytics TV. In this exciting series with Avinash Kaushik and Nick Mihailovski, you ask and vote on your favorite web analytics questions via the Google Analytics Google Moderator site and we answer them.
In this episode, we are delighted to have Rod Jacka as our special guest on Web Analytics TV. Rod is the Managing Director of Panalysis, a specialist web business analytics company and GA Certified Partner, Rod has experience in every web analytics tools, and if you need any consulting help in Australia then Rod's your man.
Here is a list to last weeks questions.
In this action packed episode we discuss:
- (1:45) Why does you own site show in the Referring Sites report?
- (3:15) Is there any way to export more than 5 columns in a pivot report?
- (4:15) Getting app integrations migrated to async tracking
- (5:55) Is there a way to grant read-only access to Website Optimizer?
- (6:50) How to cross IDs set in Custom Variables with other GA data
- (8:50) In which report can you find the PPC search terms (not bid terms)?
- (10:20) Tracking links from emails that point to sites not being tracked by GA
- (12:25) Thoughts about optimizing the async code
- (15:15) If a user keeps clicking every 29 minutes, can a session last for 9 days?
- (16:50) What could cause advanced segments on reports to have different totals?
- (18:28) Why should people use other web analytics products when GA is free?
- (20:50) Does GA track transactions in the same session or across session?
- (21:08) How to get the goal funnel data through the API?
- (22:28) What does “other” mean in the traffic sources overview reports?
- (24:18) Is it possible to get segment-able motion charts?
- (25:42) Why do product revenue and transaction revenue show different values?
- (27:36) Where you can find unique visitor data in Google Analytics
- (29:35) Why do advanced segments that match pages return other pages?
- (31:22) Is it possible to export data from one account into another account?
- (33:08) How to link multiple AdWords accounts to one Google Analytics account
- (34:15) How to distinguish website referrals from desktop applications
And here are the links to the topics we discuss:
- Google Analytics / Excel integrations built using the API
- Get free funnel abandonment data through the API using PadiTrack
- The video for the “visualize” button in Google Analytics
- Sample code mashup to build your own segment-able motion charts using the API
- How advanced segments work in the API
As always, if you need help setting up Google Analytics or leveraging the advanced configuration options, we recommend hiring a Google Analytics Certified Partner.
If you found this post or video helpful, we'd love to hear your comments. Please share them via the comment form below. And, if you have a question you would like us to answer, please submit a question and vote for your favorite question in our public Google Moderator site. Avinash and I will answer your latest questions in a couple of weeks with yet another entertaining video.