Wednesday, November 04, 2009 | 3:21 PM
This is our second video in our recent initiative to ask you to share your most burning questions via Google Moderator (link: Google Analytics Google Moderator site).
This week, Avinash brings his cast (leaving only one good analysis ninja arm) and we sit down to do a rapid fire Q&A to answer your questions.
In this episode we discuss:
- Strategies for non-bounced non-converted visitors (Macro vs. Micro conversion)
- Ways to report total number of keywords over time
- Benefits to tracking transactions as conversion goals
- Tracking unique visitors to specific web pages
- Path analysis for keyword reports -- why it's bad and what to do instead
- How Google Analytics can be used on affiliate sites
- How site owners can exclude themselves from being tracked by Google Analytics
- How to properly track sites that reside on different domains but use a shopping cart on a different, common, site (cross domain tracking)
Here are links to the resources discussed in the video:
- Measuring Macro and Micro conversions
- Create custom reports with Google Analytics API Excel Plugins
- Absolute unique visitor tracking can be found under Metrics -> Site Usage -> Unique Visitors when creating a new custom report. Once created, you can apply any advanced segment (such as traffic from Google) to get the unduplicated number of visitors that came from Google.
- Simple way to track exit clicks in Google Analytics
- Excluding tracking certain visitors (like site owners and administers) by IP address
- Configuring Google Analytics to track 3rd Party Shopping Carts
- Cross domain tracking _getLinkerURL(), _link method reference