Thursday, June 04, 2009 | 1:20 PM
Event Tracking is a feature of Google Analytics that allows you to track visitor actions that don't correspond directly to pageviews. It's a great fit for tracking things like:
- Downloads of a PDF or file
- Interaction with dynamic, AJAX sites
- Interaction with Adobe Flash objects, embedded videos and other media
We're happy to announce that earlier today Event Tracking became available by default in all Google Analytics accounts. To access the new reports, just navigate to the Content Section of the Google Analytics interface and select the option labeled "Event Tracking."
In future posts, we'll explain more about some of the ways you can put Event Tracking to good use. For now, here are some great resources to get you started:
- How to send Events to Google Analytics (Code site)
- Event Tracking Overview/Tutorial (Analytics Talk)
- Tracking Flash Videos with Event Tracking (Inside RIA)
We hope you enjoy the feature. Leave a comment and let us know what you think!
Posted by Nick Mihailovski, Google Analytics Team