Friday, October 17, 2008 | 6:08 PM
For many of you the fourth quarter is the busiest and biggest season, and in this economy analytics are more important than ever. With holiday traffic starting in November and peaking in early-December, now is the time to make sure your site is in the best shape to maximize holiday traffic and revenue.
To help you better analyze your campaign performance, optimize your web pages, and drive even more traffic to your e-commerce site during this crucial time, we'd like to share some tip and tools you can use in Analytics and other Google products.
Use the Analytics Funnel Visualization report to improve conversions
- Learn how many shoppers drop out during each step of your shopping cart conversion process.
- Then, work on the steps that lose the most customers.
- Website Optimizer, our free testing tool, is a great way to improve those key pages.
Geo-target your AdWords campaigns through Analytics
- Find out where your most profitable customers are coming from, and direct your advertising dollars to target customers in those areas.
- Get data for region-specific keyword performance in your Analytics account.
- Create more targeted AdWords campaigns by region. Watch this video for a step-by-step demo.
Submit your products to Google Product Search
- Google Product Search enables shoppers to search for and find products to buy online, and enables you to submit your products for free and target users shopping on Google. Google Product Search is currently available to merchants in the U.S., U.K., and Germany.
- If you've never used Google Product Search, you can start submitting your products using feeds you've already prepared for other shopping engines.
Visit our Google page on holiday success to see a full list of tips. We hope these tips and tools help you make the most of your holiday season!
- Dai Pham, Google Analytics Team